Wow, I haven’t done a random post in forever! I’m so excited to finally write one. To my newer readers, my random posts are basically fun, unorganized posts in which I share random pictures, crafts, stories, art, etc. 🙂 This kind of post is my favorite to write, and I hope you’ll enjoy reading it as well!
Random Topic #1: DIY Summer Gift Box
I my last post, I asked if anyone would be interested in seeing a summer version of my birthday party in a box. Several of you said you’d like that, so here it is! 😀 I sent this to a friend as a “first day of summer gift”, but you could really make this anytime during the summer months!
Here’s what I used to decorate the outside of the box. You can decorate this as much or a little as you’d like. 😀
The first thing I did was cover the lid of the box with scrapbook paper.
Then, I covered the edges of the box with coordinating washi tape. To add some decoration, I printed “happy summer!” onto cardstock using the same method I used for the birthday box.
I cut out the letters, glued them into place, and added more washi tape to make a space for the address.
Then, I wrote the address and return address and added some decoration. I drew a watermelon with my brush pens and glued it into place.
Now for the inside of the box! I began by gluing scrapbook paper along the middle of the inside.
After I added washi tape on the edges, the box itself was complete – then I filled it with summer-themed gifts! I used watermelon flavored bubblegum, flower seeds, a light-up flamingo necklace, a notebook, smiley face balloons, and other such colorful things. I also used a few handfuls of confetti. 🙂
Then I just added everything into the box, and it was complete! This is such a fun and colorful gift. 🙂 I hope you enjoyed this DIY!
Random Topic #2: Recent Posts I’ve Enjoyed
Random Topic #3: Introducing My Succulents
I’ve been wanting some little plants to live on my desk for a while now, and I finally bought some last month! They’re really cute, and they make my desk look so happy. 😛 Introducing…
Newt, Florence, and Edison! Aren’t they adorable?
I was determined to keep these little guys alive, so I did quite a bit of research on succulent care before buying them. So far, they seem to be doing fine!
One important thing I learned is that succulents are often killed from over-watering. The best way to water them is with the “soak and dry method”, where you thoroughly soak the soil and then don’t water them again until it has completely dried out. 🙂
In case you were wondering, all 3 of the succulents are named after famous inventors – Edison after Thomas Edison, Newt after Isaac Newton, and Florence after Florence Nightingale. 😛 Nicole and Charis helped me come up with their names. Thanks, guys!
What do you think of my succulents? Do you have any plants?
Random Topic #4: Some Extremely Important Holidays
Today (June 1st) is National Go Barefoot Day, National Pen Pal Day, and National Doughnut Day. I’m hoping to go barefoot (goodbye, socks… *sniff*) and work on a pen pal’s letter today, but I don’t think I’ll eat any doughnuts. *sad sigh*
June 3rd is National Repeat Day! Did I mention that June 3rd is National Repeat Day? Hey, National Repeat Day is on June 3rd! Be sure to celebrate June 3rd, which is National Repeat Day!
June 15th is Nature Photography Day. Nature is incredible and definitely deserves to be photographed, so be sure to go outside and take some pictures of the beautiful world we live in! 😀
June 18th is National Picnic Day. I highly recommend picnics – we love having them in the yard while listening to music. Such fun!
June 21st is Summer Solstice. This is the longest day of the entire year, and it’s also when I’m going to be posting a summer-themed short story, so keep an eye out for that! 😀
June 29th is National Camera Day. Do any of you have names for your cameras? Mine is named Kate, and she’s a great camera. Do you guys have any ideas for how to celebrate this holiday?
Random Topic #5: Brush Marker Experiments
I recently bought some new brush markers at Hobby Lobby, and they are so much fun to use! I wrote dozens of inspirational quotes and bible verses while I was experimenting with them. A few of my favorites are below. 🙂
This is a line from one of my favorite NEEDTOBREATHE songs! (You can listen to it here.)
Which of those did you like best? Do you have any tips for me on how to use brush markers?
Random Topic #6: Introducing an Awesome Blog that Deserves More Followers
Today, I’ll be sharing a fun and pretty lifestyle blog by my friend Danielle! Introducing…
Danielle posts DIYs, stories, poems, photos, tags, and much more. I always enjoy reading her posts, and I hope you’ll check out her blog and follow! 🙂
Random Topic #7: Liebster Award
Beth from Brokenly Beautiful nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thanks so much! I don’t have time to do every award that I’m nominated for, but I try to choose one to do in each of my random posts. 😀
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you for the award
Answer the questions they gave you
Give 11 fun facts about yourself
Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award
Give them 11 questions to answer
Who is your most recent follower?
At the time of writing this post, my most recent follower is… Michelle! Michelle is a photographer who blogs at Aesthetically Dreaming. She just started her blog, and I’m sure she’d appreciate if you guys would go check it out! 🙂
What is your favorite blog to read?
I follow 591 blogs, so… XD It’s pretty much impossible for me to choose one favorite. However, a few blogs that I especially enjoy are A Barefoot Gal, A Farm Girl’s Life, Flourishing by Restful Falls, and Stars and Stories. I enjoy every blog that I read, though!
How many pets do you have?
My dog Maude, 2 bunnies named Button and Banjo, and 8 cats named… *takes a deep breath* Ember, Ninja, Grover, Fluffy, Rusty, George, Runty, and Pepper. So that’s a total of 11 pets, not counting our 20 goats. XD
How many members are in your family?
8 people! I’m the second-oldest of 6 kids. Our home is usually pretty hectic, but we also have a lot of fun together.
What is your favorite snack?
I love Ritz crackers with pepper jelly. (If you’ve never tried it, then you don’t know what you’re missing.) And now I’m hungry. 😛
What is your favorite hymn?
I’ve loved Amazing Grace for as long as I can remember, so that’s probably my favorite hymn. 🙂
What is your family’s favorite thing to do together?
Hmm… we really love watching old family videos together! We also enjoy taking road trips and going on walks in the woods.
What makes you smile?
Singing along to my favorite songs, finishing a good book, my dog’s silly antics, spending time with my siblings and friends, getting a letter in the mail, finally finishing a long project, friendly blog comments, creating something that I’m proud of, exciting surprises, warm sunshine, getting a good picture, exploring new places, Jesus’ incredible love, fluffy rabbits, and so many more things. 😊
How many sports do you play, if any?
Since I am sadly un-athletic, I don’t play any sports unless playing fetch with a hyper dog counts. XD
What is your favorite word?
Every word I’ve ever said disappeared from my mind as soon as I read this question, so I decided to ask my family what they thought my favorite word was. My mom said “book”, several people said, “camera”, and my brother said “oh whale”. I do say “oh whale” quite often. It’s more fun that saying “oh well”. XD
Where do you like to vacation?
The beach!!! (Yes, that required three exclamation points.) I love seeing the beautiful, wild ocean and collecting seashells. 🙂
11 fun facts about me:
- I routinely leave weird, random messages for myself in the Notes program on my computer. I always forget that they’re there and am surprised when I open Notes to find a message from myself. 😛
- I used to be absolutely terrified of all dogs, even tiny ones. I was convinced that they were all going to eat me. It’s funny considering how much I love dogs now. XD
- I have a slight obsession with cacti. I own two cactus-patterned shirts and a pair of cactus-patterned shoes, not to mention I own an actual cactus named Florence (whom you will meet below)!
- I got my first pet when I was 5. He was a praying mantis named Jumper.
- I have a phobia of sharp corners. It’s not necessarily a fear sharp items like scissors, it’s more a fear of the corners of tables, books, boxes, etc. It’s rather hard to explain, but I assure you it’s real and very frustrating. XD
- My height is about 5′ 6″, which is apparently 4 inches above the average height for my age.
- One of my favorite pastimes is exploring the world on Google Street View. IT’S SO FUN, GUYS. There are so many beautiful places to discover!
- My favorite dog breed is a Corgidor. (It’s a mix between a Corgi and a Lab.) Corgidors are so funny and cute – they have enormous Lab ears on a little Corgi body! I’ve met several of them at the shelter, and they all have such gentle, silly temperaments. I’d love to own one someday.
- I am extremely clumsy. I frequently walk into walls, drop things for no apparent reason, trip over nothing, and run into other people/moving objects. I’ve walked directly into a glass door twice, and I once walked into the wall at the orthodontist and knocked down an enormous framed portrait. XD
- According to 16Personalities, I’m an INFP-T. After reading about what that personality type means, though, I don’t think it’s very accurate. Some aspects are spot on, but most of the descriptions don’t really fit me.
- I met David Crowder in a parking lot when I was 12. My dad goes to the same barber shop that he does, and we were parked outside the building listening to Crowder’s music and then he came walking around the corner. XD He was super nice and let us take a picture with him!
Questions for the nominees:
- Ask a family member to describe you in 3 words. What did they say?
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
- Can you whistle, snap your fingers, and go cross-eyed all at the same time?
- What is an irrational fear that you have?
- Do you have a nickname? If so, how did you get it?
- Favorite band and favorite song by that band?
- Sunny or rainy days? Why?
- What’s the weirdest place you’ve ever visited?
- Favorite smell?
- Without looking it up, can you pronounce “Worcestershire” correctly?
- Do you play any instruments? If not, what instrument would you like to learn?
Random Topic #8: Goat Photography
I realized yesterday how long it’s been since I took any photos of our goats. We have about 20 of them at the moment, and they’re so funny and cute! Some people don’t like goats, but I think they’re great. They all have such unique personalities!
This is Henry the Great, my favorite goat. He’s super sweet – he’ll come up and rest his head on me and wait until I scratch his ears. ❤
This is Stretch, who is super cute and very funny.
Here’s Gilbert, who is very friendly and curious – he tried to eat my shirt about five times while I was taking these pictures. XD
He looks like he’s saying something! Do you have a caption idea for this picture? Tell me in the comments! 😛
This is Anne, another one of my favorites! She has a very outgoing and funny personality, and she frequently gets into trouble. She also loves head scratches like Henry does.
Did you know that goats can see almost 360 degrees without moving their heads? It’s virtually impossible to sneak up on them – I know from experience. XD
Anne has such a mischievous face!
This is Clover, who was born on St. Patrick’s Day.
Iris was quite interested in my camera. XD
Phronsie is a really sweet goat. Her name is from The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew. Have any of you read that book? I loved it when I was younger!
I hope you enjoyed those photos! Do you think goats are cute? Any idea what Gilbert might be saying in the photo above?
Thank you for persevering through that very lengthy post! XD I hope you enjoyed reading it, and I can’t wait to hear from you in the comments! ❤
Which random topic was your favorite?
P.S: Charis is giving away a signed copy of The Girl Who Could See to celebrate one year of blogging! Click here to check it out!