Hey, friends! Happy Memorial Day! ❤
Summer doesn’t “officially” begin until the end of June, but I think we can all agree that it’s arrived, right? 😀 Today, I’ll be sharing some of what I hope to do this summer. I’d love to hear your plans in the comments below!
my summer goals
- Make progress on the first draft of my novel – I’m currently writing a historical fiction novel set in my hometown. I don’t know if I’ll be able to finish the first draft this summer, but I’m going to consistently work on it and see how much I can complete.
- Participate in July Camp NaNo – This will be some good writing inspiration!
- Write in my journal every night – I’d like to preferably write in it before 1 AM, which has been a trend as of late. 😀
- Continue writing poetry regularly – I recently got back into writing poetry, and I’m hoping to keep up the habit throughout the summer. Do you guys enjoy reading my poetry? I might share more of it in future posts. 🙂
- Write to my favorite authors – After my successful experience writing a letter to Kate DiCamillo, I’d like to try writing to some of my other favorite authors. 🙂
- Keep up with my Goodreads reading goal – I’m a little behind on my goal of 100 books in 2019, but hopefully I’ll be able to catch up over the summer! I have a huge TBR, I just need to get reading. XD
- Pre-order anticipated book releases – There are four books coming out in the late summer/fall that I’m super excited for! They are The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Riddle of Ages by Trenton Lee Stewart, Beverly, Right Here by Kate DiCamillo, The Toll by Neal Shusterman, and Legacy by Shannon Messenger. I want to pre-order all of them, much to the dismay of my wallet and my poor overstuffed bookshelf. *sigh*
- Learn video making/editing – Ellington, my new-ish camera, takes excellent video, and this summer I want to learn how to use all the video settings and try to make some short films. If I succeed in making anything good, I shall be sure to share it on here!
- Improve my portrait photography and learn how to pose people – I’m working on a project/idea that I don’t really want to explain at the moment, but it involves portrait photography which I am not very good at. I’m going to find some courses/video lessons on posing people and learn as much as I can while using my unwilling siblings as models. XD
- Take my camera everywhere – I often arrive somewhere and regret not having my camera, so I’ve started taking it everywhere that I can. Photography opportunities often appear when I least expect them, and I don’t want to miss anything! Ellington is going to be a very well-traveled camera. 😀
- Learn to play the banjo – A banjo recently joined our family of musical instruments, and I’m going to try to learn how to play it! It looks like such a fun, happy instrument and I love the way it sounds. It also needs a good name. Any suggestions?
- Write/compose more of my own music – I wrote a few songs a little while ago, and it was super fun. I’m going to try to write some more songs and possibly perform them at a local open mic if I’m confident enough. 😛
- Go to a concert – We might be going to one in a few months! I really hope we can see some live music this summer. 😀
- Find more artists to listen to – I tend to “wear out” music pretty quickly by listening to the same artists over and over again, so I’m always looking for new music to listen to. Suggestions would be much appreciated – I’ll listen to pretty much anything as long as it’s clean!
- Co-host the Summer Bored Games 2019 – More info on this will be coming soon! 😀 (If you don’t know what SBG is, click here.) Who’s excited??
- Reach 500 followers – This is a slightly ambitious goal, but we’ll see! A giveaway is in store when I reach 500, so be on the lookout for that. 😉
- Consistently post once a week – I’ve actually been keeping up with this so far! Keeping my posts a little shorter has helped a lot. Are you guys enjoying my current posting schedule?
- Stay active in the blogging community – I’m kind of awful at keeping up with all the blogs that I follow – the fact that I follow almost 700 blogs probably doesn’t help. XD This summer, I want to consistently comment on the posts that I read. I immensely enjoy all of your posts, even if I don’t always comment!
- Despite the fact that I don’t get a summer break, no one wants to think about school in the summer. Let’s just move right along. 😀
- Get my learner’s license – Ha, this was on my list of goals last year. This year, though, I’m really going to do it! I actually know how to drive now, and I’ve been studying for the test I have to take. Wish me luck!
- See Toy Story 4 and Lion King in theaters – I’M SO EXCITED FOR THESE MOVIES. Especially Toy Story 4. It’s going to be amazing because Pixar. EEP, it’s less than a month away now!
- Celebrate summer birthdays – There are five birthdays for me to celebrate this summer. YAY! I love coming up with fun gifts and decorating and all the other birthday things. 🙂
- Keep my succulents alive – This was also on my list of goals last year. One poor succulent survived. *weak smile* Let’s hope for better luck this year, eh?
Thanks for sticking around to the end of my goals! I shall leave you with these photos of Maude, because they’re adorable and they make me smile. 😀
ISN’T SHE CUTE? Maude hopes that you have the best summer ever, and I do too! ☀️
What are your goals for the summer?