Are you ever bored in the summer? 😀
Do you enjoy adventures and creativity and having fun? 🤔
WELL TODAY IS YOUR LUCKY DAY, MY FRIEND. *cheers* Some of you are most likely baffled by my enthusiasm, but that’s because you don’t know about The Summer Bored Games yet! For those of you who participated in SBG last year, WELCOME BACK. THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT. *bounces excitedly* Let’s go over all of the important details so that you can start your summer of adventures!
The Summer Bored Games is a fun and creative way to bust boredom this summer, with dozens of wacky challenges, from thoughtful missions to completely random activities. Collect points by completing challenges, and enter to win an awesome prize! Below, we have a fun video trailer to give you a taste of what this round of SBG will be like. 😀
DOESN’T THAT LOOK LIKE FUN? (Hint: It is.) If you’re wondering why Megan is eating green pasta with toothpicks, sign up below to have your curiosity satisfied – you might even get to do some green-pasta-eating yourself!
The four SBG hosts mentioned above will take turns posting new challenges once a week for the entire month of July. Each post will include 35 challenges, all assigned a certain number of points. The harder or weirder the challenge, the more points it will give you! (Check out some of last year’s boredom busters here to get an idea of what they’ll be like.) Participants will use a survey to submit any completed weekly challenges to a host blogger. We’ll tally up everyone’s points each week and show a “leaderboard” of the top participants to promote a little friendly competition. 😀
Participants collect points by successfully completing challenges. The number of challenges you finish is up to you; however, you must complete any weekly challenges in that week alone for those points to count. If you miss a week, feel free to do the challenges just for fun! However, they won’t earn you any points toward the giveaway.
You can earn even MORE points by sending us photos of the challenges you complete!
- You can receive 3 points for each SBG photo sent in weekly. (5 photos, or 15 points per week, is the maximum allowed.) This means you could earn up to 60 bonus points by sending in photos!
- Please note that is up to the hosts’ discretion to decide whether the photo should count or not.
- Unless you request otherwise, we may include your photos in the following week’s challenge post to share the fun!
- Anyone can send us SBG photos for the next post, even if they’re not official participants.
- We’ll provide an email address for you to send the photos to in each weekly post.
Participants are entered for a chance to win the prize corresponding to their point range. If, at the end of this year’s SBG, you have 0-50 points, you are not eligible to win a prize. *sad music* If you finish with 51-200 points, you have a chance of winning a $10 Amazon or Etsy gift card! If you finish with 201-350 points, you have a chance of winning a $15 Amazon or Etsy gift card. And finally, participants with 351+ points will be entered for a chance to win a $20 Amazon or Etsy gift card. The more challenges you complete, the better the chance of winning a bigger prize!
Challenge Post #1: Cuddly Critters Blog on July 1st
Challenge Post #2: Clara & Co. on July 8th
Challenge Post #3: A Barefoot Gal on July 15th
Challenge Post #4: A Farm Girl’s Life on July 22nd
Challenge Winners: All hosts on July 29th
- The challenge is open to participants worldwide, and to ages 10-20.
- Please get a parent’s permission before signing up if you are under the age of 18.
- Please sign up just once, on any one (but not more than one) of the hosts’ blogs.
- Sign up to participate in SBG 2019 with the contact form below! (You may not be able to see the form if you’re reading this in the WordPress Reader.)
If you’re excited for The Summer Bored Games and want to let others in on the fun, we’d quite appreciate if you could share this post to social media, reblog it, or tell your family and friends! We hope that SBG will provide you with lots of opportunities to have fun, help others, and make amazing memories this summer. 😀
To conclude all of those details, here’s a helpful infographic to review the rules! (It’s the perfect size to share on Pinterest, if you’d like!)
Hopefully that was helpful! ARE YOU EXCITED YET? Have you signed up to participate? If not, scroll back up and do so! If you’ve already signed up, comment below and rate your excitement level on a scale of 1-10. Mine is an 11, if you can’t tell from the amount of all-caps sentences in this post. 😀
LET THE SUMMER BORED GAMES BEGIN! ☀️