Greetings, everyone! I hope those of you who’ve been participating in SBG have been enjoying yourselves thus far – we’ve loved seeing your photos and hearing about your adventures! I hope you’re ready for another week of awesome challenges!
Let’s begin by seeing who our top contestants are for the week! (These are the people who have earned the most points this week, but don’t worry if you don’t see your name on the list! It’s having fun that counts. 😀)
10. Saege Edevane & Chloë Mali – tied at 71 points
9. Jehsheba – 73 points
8. crazychickenmama – 74 points
7. Sara Abbot – 81 points
6. Julia Rose – 84 points
5. M Kenechi Duatron – 104 points
4. Peyton – 109 points
3. Jo – 125 points
2. Averey Fitzgerald – 134 points
1. Laura – 137 points
Great job, guys!!
YAY, NOW FOR CHALLENGES! Remember, you have until the end of this week to complete however many of the 35 challenges below you wish to do. This is the only week that you’ll be able to complete these challenges. When you’ve completed all the challenges you’d like to for the week, submit your points using the survey linked below. Please try to submit your results just once per week – I suggest waiting until the end of the week to submit the survey. 🙂
Are you ready to see this week’s awesome challenges? Remember, the number at the end of each challenge is the number of points you’ll earn for that challenge. 😀
- Have a swordfight using pool noodles with someone. 3
- Write a summer-themed story, poem, or song with 100 words. 4
- Wash five or more windows. 3
- Recreate a family photo from your childhood. 3
- Eat an entire meal with only toothpicks. 4
- Wear at least three yellow articles of clothing/accessories for a day. 4
- Do 100 pushups over the span of a week. (MP) 10
- Try to get a photo of your state bird. (MP) 10
- Try a new hobby you wouldn’t normally try. (Bonus points: do it with a friend or sibling.) 3 (+2 if you did it with a friend or sibling.)
- Play baseball with a pencil for a bat and a ping-pong ball for a baseball. 2
- Read a book over 100 pages in one day. (MP) 10
- Spend a day without using any electronics. Necessary phone calls are accepted. (MP) 10
- Do a science experiment using things you have around your house. 3
- Teach a magic trick to someone younger than you. 2
- Play the no-internet dinosaur game on Chrome: http://www.trex-game.skipser.com/ 1
- Get a group of friends together and play psychiatrist. 3
- Visit https://www.onthisday.com/ and educate your family on what was happening in history on that day. 2
- Dry/press flowers and make artwork with them. See this post for inspiration. 3
- Sing in the shower. 2
- Read a few Aesop’s Fables. 2
- Tie a piece of string/rope into a complicated knot and have an untying contest. Give a prize of some kind to the first person who can untie it. 4
- Take a photo and edit it three different ways. 2
- Make a list of your ten favorite books and leave it in a library or bookstore. 3
- Make a terrarium (mini garden in a jar) and give it to someone as a gift. Here’s some inspiration: https://www.nelliebellie.com/how-to-make-a-terrarium/ (MP) 10
- Make a “sculpture” of something from toothpicks and at least one of the following: gummy candies; styrofoam pieces or packing peanuts; foam; or playdough/clay. 4
- Pet at least 2 dogs that don’t belong to you. (Make sure their owners are okay with it!) 4
- Listen to a song that you dislike and write a list of five good things about it. 3
- Clean the bathroom for your mom. 3
- Learn how to make origami ninja stars. 2
- Find and identify five different birds, tree leaves, or insects. 4
- Take a photo of something for every color of the rainbow: red on Monday, orange on Tuesday, yellow on Wednesday, green on Thursday, blue on Friday, and purple on Saturday. 4
- Play tic-tac-toe. 1
- Add a new word to your vocabulary. 1
- Skip rocks (or attempt to) in a river, pond, etc. 2
- Make packing tape + printable stickers. (See how HERE, in random topic #6.) 2
HAVE FUN, GUYS! If you have any questions about the challenges, the game, or anything else, don’t hesitate to contact us at summerboredgames(at)gmail(dot)com. We’re happy to help!
If you’d like to print off a checklist for this week, CLICK HERE. A checklist is super helpful to keep track of all the challenges when you’re on the go!
Here are all the participant photos from the week! Thanks for sending in photos, guys – we love seeing them. 😀
from Saege Edavane:
from Sara Abbot:
from Averey Fitzgerald:
from Isabel Olivetti:
from Sarah Steele:
Don’t forget to send in photos of your challenge adventures and collect points for your journal entries by emailing us at summerboredgames(at)gmail(dot)com! We’ll pick our favorite photos to include in the next post. (If you’re just completing the challenges just for fun and haven’t signed up, we’d still love to see your photos!) Also, if you want to share your SBG photos on social media, use #summerboredgames so we can see your pictures and count them towards your points!
Have you completed all the challenges you’d like to do for this week? Awesome! Just click the image below to submit your points:
Click that graphic and it should take you right to the form!
You have until 11:59 PM EST on July 14th to complete as many challenges as you can and submit your points. Good luck!
Have a wonderful week, everyone! ❤
What’s been the highlight of your summer so far?