Greetings, everyone! How goes your day today? I hope you’ve had a great week!
SUMMER IS COMING TO AN END. Actually, it’s already ended for most people, with school starting and all. The weather is still quite warm here, but school kind of destroys the summer-y freedom. *sigh* I’ve written a rather scatterbrained, out-of-order summer recap that will hopefully be somewhat interesting to read! So… ONWARD. *raises sword*
summer recap 2019
- I got a learner’s license – FINALLY. It only took me a year to get around to it… XD I failed the test the first time I took it, so that wasn’t fun. But it made my victory all the sweeter when I passed the second time, so YAY! 😀
- participated in July Camp NaNo – Camp was really good this year, even if I had to lower my goal at the last second to avoid failure. :’) I wrote more than I ever have in a month’s time, mostly thanks to Madi being an epically motivating fun writing buddy. 😀
- started violin lessons – This was a pleasant unexpected surprise! Through a series of fortunate events, we met someone who was willing to give me violin lessons through a weekly online video call – maybe not the ideal scenario, but there is NO ONE around here that teaches violin, so I was happy! She’s a wonderful teacher and I’ve already learned so much, so YAY. 😀
- reached 500 followers – At last! Thanks so much for reading my posts, everyone. 🙂 It was really fun to get to know y’all better through the q&a. (If you haven’t introduced yourself yet, click here and leave a comment, I’d love to meet you!)
- went on road trips – YAY! My favorite thing. 😀 We’ve taken a few long trips this summer to various places, and I’ve enjoyed all of them – they’re great for writing letters and listening to music and general daydreaming and relaxing. 🙂
- lots of swimming – It wouldn’t be summer without swimming! I completely gave up on avoiding sunburns – I’ve looked beautifully red for months. :’) We enjoy having some sort of snack at the pool, so I’ve done a lot of baking this year and only had a few near-disasters in the process. 😀
- went to a theme park – My family took a rather spontaneous trip to a nearby theme park this summer – we don’t do things like that very often, and it was a great memory. 🙂 I took a ton of pictures and was greatly amused by my siblings’ enthusiasm about pretty much everything. XD
- saw Toy Story 4 – THE BEST PART OF MY SUMMER WAS THIS MOVIE. *explodes just thinking about it* I was a little nervous it wouldn’t live up to the rest of the movies, but Pixar exceeded my expectations by 10000% and left me the happiest/saddest/most mind-blown human ever. IT WAS GREAT. 😀
- read books – I haven’t read near as much as I have in past summers, but I’ve still discovered several excellent books this year. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys, Fawkes by Nadine Brandes, and Sweep by Jonathan Auxier have been three favorites. 😀
- watched sunsets – I’ve watched the sunset pretty much every night this summer, often while listening to music with a few of my siblings. It’s such a relaxing thing to do, and a great way to end the evening. ❤ I kind of really love to photograph sunsets, which is why that collage is so massive. 😀
- won a short story contest – I placed first in a short story contest a few months back, so that was quite exciting! I promptly spent every last dollar of my prize on pre-ordering books. *wise nod* Hey, it counts towards writing research, right? 😀
- went to concerts – We’ve been to three local concerts this summer. None of them were artists that I particularly loved, but nonetheless it was fun to practice concert photography and sing along with all the happy music-loving people!
- celebrated Maude’s birthday – MAUDE TURNED EIGHT. *cries* She still acts like a puppy – you would never guess how old she is if you met her. She’s the most enthusiastic pup I’ve ever seen. XD I gave her many hugs and treats and a popsicle to celebrate her birthday, and she thanked me by smiling for the camera – just look at that happy squishable face! ❤
- listened to musics – *gestures upward* BEHOLD, all the wonderful albums that I have listened to on repeat this summer. Ahhh, seeing them all together makes me happy. So many lovely songs! If you’re looking for new music, go check ’em all out. 😀
Thus ends a recap of my summer! There was so much more that happened, but those were a few of the highlights. 😀 I’d love to hear about your summer in the comments – what memories stood out to you the most?
Are you looking forward to autumn?